Monday, January 7, 2013

NO WORK MOJO

Today being the 7th marks the end of the first week of January. Wow, that went quick ... well sort of. Some days at work just dragged. And you can tell I have chronic Mondayitis as I'm blogging at work again. 

So here's a quick fitness and goals update:

1. Weight has dropped below 70kgs. Yay!! As I've said before, getting to 67 or so isn't hard. Under that and I do have to be more mindful about food choices but its still very achievable without a whole lot of pain, as I've proven before.

2. Exercise has been a dream. I managed 10 sessions in all due to walking to/from work on a couple of days. Originally I wasn't going to do any walking this week due to the scorching heat but with the amended forecast I'm planning to give it another go on the 'cooler' days.

3. Although there have only been 4 work days, I've managed to stick to my goal of not spending on food at work. Yep I have my breakfasts organised and they get packed in my bag. Same with lunches and fruit. Plus I have an emergency stash or almonds if/when the munchies hit. Shops and junk food, BE GONE!! Savings be growing!!

Yesterday was legs and abs day (geez THAT came around quick!!) and I powered through my workout increasing the sets on my static lunges. I've kept the weights light on them because my right foot still doesn't love them but light is better than nothing, me thinks. Plus I can feel that once again I'm getting to my 'safe limit' on squats. Damn it, there is a point at which my body just says "oooh I'm not sure I can do this". My legs start to waver and I'm really worried that my lower back just wont cooperate. And yep, I brace through my core, use correct foot and knee alignment and take the reps real slow but still there is this sticking point and I'm just about there. I wont embarrass myself by posting the weight I'm squatting. Or maybe I should so you can all have a big laugh LOL.

Finally I must just say how much I'm loving the weekends now that my family is on holidays. There's WAY less washing, no school lunches to make, no lunches for Peter (yes I still make his lunches), no school uniform to iron and only myself to organise in the mornings. All that adds up to a far more laid back lifestyle. Now to just find my work mojo :-(

Cheers all

M

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I think its pretty normal at this time of year to have no work mojo! Everyone is still in holiday mode :)

    Amazing how fast that first week went isn't it? The year will fly past, like all the previous years have! Sounds like things are at least a little more relaxing at home at the moment, I make hubby's lunches the night before too, and I love weekends when I dont have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear I'm not alone then Hilary.

    ReplyDelete