Friday, May 10, 2013

TRUDGING ALONG

Hi all,

I've been trudging along since my last blog post and clocking up some nice little victories along the way.

On Sunday I increased my run time to 45 minutes broken into 3 x 15 minute blocks with a 5 minute walk interval in between. I absolutely love my Sunday Hour of Power even if the weather was a bit ordinary for it. Then on Thursday I headed out for a morning run despite being in a bit of a feeling-sorry-for-myself mood (more on that later). I set the bar pretty low to start with knowing that even being out there was more than I felt capable of. Well it didn't take long for a 10 minute jog to turn into a 20 minute one and then adding another 10 minutes didn't seem too daunting. By the 30 minute mark, doing another 10 just felt easy so I pushed on for a total of 43 minutes jogging. All at a nice steady slow pace but even that is enough to make me feel good when I finish it.

Buoyed along by my Sunday achievement I attacked my Monday morning leg session with more than my usual level of gusto. I decided to give myself a bit of a squat challenge with a view to going heavier than I have been for a REALLY long time. I started lighter than usual to get a really good warm up and over several sets I increased the weight until I was 2.5 kilos above my 'psychological limit.'  It was heavy (for me) and hard but I did it and next week I'll shoot for an extra 2.5 kilos again. Slow and steady will get me there.

So why the feeling-sorry -for-myself mood yesterday? I've been working hard at getting my weight down for some time now. Without getting too obsessive about it, I've been a lot more mindful about what, when and how much I eat and I've been weight training and doing some form of cardio quite consistently for a few months. So why can't the Metal Monster show me the love I deserve??!! Normally it doesn't bother me because it will reflect quite accurately whether I've been eating well or not. So when it DOESN'T reflect that I get a little bit peeved as was the case yesterday. With less than 6 weeks to go til holiday time, I'm keen to get a few more kilos off but at this rate I just don't think I'm going to make it. Grrrrr!!!

But I'll stop moaning about that and shift to a more positive focus because if there is any chance of achieving my goal, then it'll be with a positive mindset and not a whingy-woe-is-me one.  So its time to suck it up and get back into it. Onwards, I say.

M

 

2 comments:

  1. Well Magda! Just keep up the momentum, good controlled decision, one after another! Am loving your attitude by the way! If when you leave for the trip, you have continuous days of control within a level of happiness that you are ok with, - awesome! You are fab now, best vibes to continue to keep up day to day ways ya are happy with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pip and thanks for stopping by again. My best intentions didn't eventuate as you'll read in today's post (coming soon).

    ReplyDelete