Monday, May 27, 2013

300ING IT TODAY

Having had somewhat of a light bulb moment last week and subsequently changing some key actions, it was a real delight to wake up on Saturday morning feeling AMAZING. And this was despite a nasty dehydration headache that came about from too many meetings on Friday and way too little water being consumed in said meetings.  Note to self, TAKE A WATER BOTTLE TO ALL MEETINGS.

The problem was easily rectified with heaps of water being guzzled on Saturday and Sunday. I had lunch out at one of my favourite cafes on Saturday and I ordered a 'winter warmer' herbal tea flavoured with orange and cinnamon in place of a second coffee for the day. Talk about delicious!! As at today I'm safely well hydrated and feeling really good.

After 2 missed Sundays, it was hour of power time yesterday and I managed a 57 minute run (+ 5 mins warm up walk). I followed this up with a pseudo yoga stretching workout of about 15 minutes focusing on lower body and back with a bit of ITB massaging thrown in as well. That combo always has me feeling like I could slay dragons for the rest of the day but I settled on baby sitting my niece and her puppy while the rest of the family did their trekkie thing at the movies. I also managed to cook lamb shanks for Mum's birthday dinner amongst a myriad of other domestic chores.

Finally I've kicked off this week with a 300 workout of my own that went something like this:

Wide squat (DB to floor)/overhead press with 2kg DB x 25 (not too bad once my legs were able to bend enough to touch the DB to the floor)
Seated Row @ 20kgs x 50 (a favourite!)
Squat @ 5kg plate x 50 (going ok, feeling a little smug even)
Push-ups (knees) x 50 (OMG I manged 20 and thought I was going to die. I broke the remaining 30 into sets of 10. It was pain all the way.)
Stiff Legged Deadlifts @ 20kgs x 50 (another favourite)
Fitball Crunches @ 5 kg plate x 50 (I kept telling myself I was nearly at the end and managed 2 sets done as 30 and 20)
Wide squat (DB to floor)/overhead press with 2kg DB x 25. (Home stretch and feeling tired but ok).

This took me about 22 minutes suggesting I could go a bit heavier on some weights. I admit, I was playing it a bit safe so as not to end up totally debilitated with DOMS over the coming days. To round off my workout I hopped on the spin bike and did 5 hill climbs of 1 minute each with a 30 second recovery taking me up to my usual finish time. Happy with the start of my week :-)


 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, it was a good blend of favourites and real challenges. Even girl push-ups beat me very time :-( I will increase my weight on the starting and finishing exercise though - pressing 2kgs overhead is REALLY wussy LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Good for you, Magda - love your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh Kek, YOU are the legend. 1000 squats - I'm in awe.

    M

    ReplyDelete