Friday, August 2, 2013

THE PAIN BEFORE THE PLEASURE

Wow things got busy after I last blogged. Urgent meetings scheduled for lunch time, back to back meetings, little time to stop and smell the roses as is the often usual grind of office life. I have however been a bit spoilt this week with Peter home recovering from his knee surgery. I haven't cooked a dinner from scratch thanks to being well organised on the weekend and Peter trying his hand at making a slow cooker chicken curry.

This has been the last week of 5.30am starts and next week I'm back to 5am. Aaaargh!!! Its been SO hard getting up early on these cold mornings after that nice long holiday break. Every morning I seriously consider giving it all up until I finish my workout, feel great and then remember there is always pain before the pleasure. I haven't achieved anything earth shattering in my workouts however yesterday I changed my 300 session and pulled up sore again this morning :-) Feeling pretty good about things in general, today I managed a decent 39 minute walk/jog with only 2 x 5 minute walk intervals. I would have made it 40 minutes but the rain had come in quite heavily and I was close to home so it was a good time to end it. 

Exercise this week has been: 

Monday - 300 workout + spin bike hill climbs
Tuesday - 35 minute walk/jog
Wednesday - mixed cardio on rower and spin bike
Thursday - 300 workout (different to Monday) + spin bike sprints
Friday - 39 minute walk/jog (with longer jog intervals).

My goal for this weekend is to get onto Wordpress and have a play trying to set up my new blog. Wish me luck as I am a somewhat challenged IT user and I found Wordpress rather daunting last time I played with it. However I will arm myself with the '... for Dummies' manual so all should be good.

What will you be doing this weekend?

M

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Nice work on the training Magda.....I need to google what these '300' workouts you talk about are! Well done on the early starts too....I did those all the time in Perth, but get a couple of extra hours in bed in the morning now....unless it's 'treadmill' day and I want it done early!
    Good training week for me....except for today. I did plan a run, things got away from me, now wine has been consumed. I may/may not have a lil 9pm blitz tonight on treadmill. Otherwise Crossfit 8.30 tomorrow morning, more study, night of watching sport on TV tomorrow evening....hopefully a day up the slopes skiing soon!....(if not Sunday)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a quiet weekend for me. Took the girls to CF on Saturday morning and then shopping and morning tea and the usual cleaning up and preparing for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pip, no need for you to do 300s if you're Crossfitting. I think the latter would be far more challenging!

    Michelle, sounds similar to me (replace the Crossfit with ice skating though). I love quiet weekends though :-)

    M

    ReplyDelete