Monday, August 5, 2013

CHAMPAGNE FOR BREAKFAST AND COOKING FROM SCRATCH

On Sunday afternoon, armed with my trusty copy of  'WordPress for Dummies' I set up my new blog. Its not ready to go live yet but its taking shape. Getting my head around so many new things on WordPress was a slow and laborious process but I will persevere as my goal is to be ready to launch next weekend.

I sacrificed Sunday's hour of power for a breakfast catch up with a dear friend. She has a one year old and the days of us meeting for breakfast before work are a nigh on impossibility for her. So we've shifted our catch ups to a Sunday when everybody is far more relaxed and we have time for a leisurely chat. She missed my 50th birthday but we made up for that with a glass of champagne with our eggs and bacon. How spoilt was I??  Oh and BTW, green eggs and ham (scrambled eggs with a drizzle of pesto served with Kanmantoo bacon) is to die for. If you're ever in the Adelaide Hills give Tranquilo Restaurant a go.

Other than that the weekend was pretty stock standard routine: ice skating, grocery shopping, spending a couple of birthday vouchers, cleaning and making nice dinners. Lately I've become more interested in cooking from scratch so when Peter asked for cordon bleu for dinner he thought he'd get the usual bought chicken cordon bleus that we've had before. But no!! I bought veal cutlets and made them from scratch. I even made a small one for myself thinking that if it was too much I'd only have half. Well, pffft, it was so delicious I ate the whole friggin thing. 

Ok time for me to sign out for today. Talk again soon.

xx m  

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear Wordpress blog is going well Magda. Don't think I've ever cooked cordon bleu - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast and champagne sounds delicious Magda....as do your homemade cordon bleus! Good to hear you had a good weekend! Am awaiting the launch of your new blog! x

    ReplyDelete