Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I'M BAAAACK AND PLANNING A NEW BLOG

Well hello to anybody who might still be out there in Blogland and remotely interested in my blog. Its been seriously neglected of late with June being a very busy work month leading up to my holidays in July followed by my 50th birthday celebrations on the 21st. Phew. I feel tired just thinking back over all of that.

FB friends will know all that I've been up to including my gastronomic tour of Europe where 'indulgence' became my middle name. I have eaten more cake over the last month than I would normally eat in a year and I admit that I enjoyed every minute and every mouthful :-) Balance that with tons of walking and the cake being a meal as opposed to an added extra and I managed to pull up looking somewhat ok for my 50th birthday celebrations, instead of the oompah loompah I thought I might turn into. Sorry I have no pics here that I can share but will see what I can do for future posts.

For some time I've been thinking of updating my blog and taking it in a slightly different direction. I have lots of ideas in my head but with my home PC about to die and blogging from work (as I'm doing now) not being a long term option, I'm struggling to bring it all together. First I must face the daunting task of learning to use a Mac and then see if I can manage Wordpress. Oh, so much change! But I guess that's not a bad thing.

Anyways, today is all about short and sweet. I'm saving the deep and meaningful words of wisdom for my next few posts because of course now that I'm 50 I qualify to write such stuff. Well I like to think so.

Cheers guys

M

 

5 comments:

  1. Yaaayyy Magda! I was looking forward to your update! You looked awesome in your pics in Europe and on your 50th!

    I must admit the same in my birthday week, - not necessarily looking awesome but about control to some degree! Details will be on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mac's easy...you'll get used to it really quickly. Wordpress? Not hard either - grab a copy of Wordpress for Dummies. It was my saviour when I moved my food blog and did the whole custom domain/redesign thing myself. Of course, I'm still procrastinating about moving my OTHER blog over... that's a huge job because I already have the custom domain and will have to take it off-line while I make the move. Blah.

    Yay for holidays and birthdays! But back to reality for you now, boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I loved all the photos you posted on FB, it looked like you had an awesome time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay indeed Sandra. In fact seeing your post reminded me to get my ar*e into gear and post something myself. Would have loved to share some pics but couldn't from my work PC. Next time.

    Thanks Pip. You're very kind. I learnt some valuable lessons in the last month which in themselves could be an interesting post.

    Thanks for the WordPress tip Kek. I had a play quite a while ago and found it really daunting. For me its now a decision about 'do it really well, or not at all' (blogging)

    Thanks Michelle. It was the BEST holiday we have been on as a family. We all loved Europe and Peter is already contriving how we may visit again. God bless his wonderful Virgo ability to research, plan and organise stuff. Without him, nothing of the kind would ever happen.



    ReplyDelete